Monday, March 31, 2014

My Fabric Obsession... Obsession for quality...

Rescently I was asked about how I find the fabrics I use....
Today I am letting you into the very lovely world of-searching for fabric for Pollen. 

Hopefully you will find the drive behind the search as exciting as I do. 

Quality, pattern, colour & most important to me is where I buy from... Small business (even if it means I pay more),  mothers/fathers working from home  (just like myself). 
I love colour, whether bright & bold or pastel washed out & creamy soft. 
Right now I have been sewing with bright bold florals... 
Tomorrow is a soft to the touch black jersey for a special custom order. The following day, I hope to be working with vintage cotton, silk & linens that have been hand dyed locally (but that's another blog story). 

My most amazing find, after 6 years of searching, I found an Australian designer who had manufactured her own fabric range...
Above is two of her designs which I am making into ladies tops. 
Here another two from her collection... 
For those who love bright. 
Link to this beautiful range, which is 100% cotton. Quilting weight. 
www.buddiescorner.com.au
Supporting an Australian designer... 
XxAmanda

No comments: